Thursday, October 19, 2006
Rancid last night
I wrote this whole insightful review on last night's Rancid show at the Henry Fonda theatre in Hollywood and I accidentally quit out of safari so I lost it. Anyhow, I don't want to type it again, so to recap.
- I went with the Bat Commander to Rancid.
- Our friend Craig bought us delicious su$hi. Thanks Craig.
- Met Lars (again) and Matt. Nice guys.
- Saw the (legendary) Adolescents play.
- Chatted with Tony Hawk (Christian's old pal) and his new wife.
- Rancid rocked with their new video screen (Thank to the Aquabats)
- Rancid played acoustic on the encore.
- Rancid played Operation Ivy's, "Knowledge".
- I like that I could've sung along to every song because I knew them all...Even if some lyrics are indecipherable. Like, I knew when Tim was going to sing "blooka mooka blingy bungy buh"
- Got an "Out Comes the Wolves" picture disk autographed by the whole band. Plus some more free schwag for my wife.
-Yaaay for Rancid!
- Thanks Christian