Thursday, May 25, 2006




I didn't really know the great jamacan legend Desmond Dekker, and sadly I never saw any of his shows, but I'm sure the rest of the band did. The man who was christened Desmond Adolphus Dacres was born July 16, 1941 in Kingston Jamaica. His new ska sound reached over seas via radion into little night clubs when the 1st ska scene broke out in london. The Ska King known as Desmond Dekker died Thursday morning...I'm really not the one that should be posting this, I just thought I'd try to be first to let the rest of the band know...I really dig his stuff and "the Israelites" is pretty much my favorite song ever! I'm going to look into the cause of death and further investigate my sourse...I hope we can maybe do somthing in honor of him at our next show or somthing...if this is all true...

4 comments:

CrisCrumpet said...

if you want my sourse i got it from the big sound's myspace...

http://www.radiojamaica.com/news/story.php?category=2&story=24957

Parka AKA said...

I can't believe it. I'm in shock.

tilt said...

yeah no doubt this is sad. I have been playing him non-stop on my radio since I found out. sad. I am glad that I got to see him last year.

- tilt

Parka AKA said...

I'm glad I saw him wich you